Toy and game development firm McNeill Designs is proud to support a great cause: Autism Speaks!
We were recently honored to be asked to participate in the Autism Speaks “Acts of Love: Parenthood” event held by the Los Angeles Chapter of Autism Speaks.
The event, held on November 4, raised $100,000! Hosted at the Creative Artists Agency in Century City, California, the evening was a salute to Jason Katims, the executive producer of the NBC television show “Parenthood.” Jason received the 2010 Acts of Love Awareness award for incorporating an autism story line into the series (“Parenthood” is one of our favorite shows).
In one recent episode the character Alex, who is autistic, wants to play Go Fish. So, when Sarah Shaw from Entreprenette invited us to support the event with celebrity gift bags, we knew Twisted Fish was the perfect answer — funny how sometimes the stars just align!
And speaking of stars, they were certainly out that night! The evening’s performers included “Parenthood” cast members Max Burkholder, Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, and Craig T. Nelson, plus Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights), Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs), Stephen Tobolowsky (Glee), Lorraine Toussaint (Saving Grace) and Brian J. White (Men of a Certain Age).
The event was also attended by celebs like Alyssa Milano, Matt Dallas, Maria Menunous, Jurnee Smollett, Milo Ventimiglia, and Autism Speaks National Board Member Holly Robinson Peete.
According to official literature, “Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Bob and Suzanne Wright, grandparents of a child with autism. Since then, Autism Speaks has grown into the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.”
In addition to Twisted Fish from McNeill Designs, other fabulous companies were also chosen to be a part of the Autism Speaks Celebrity gift bags including:
- The Shower Diva www.badabadababy.com
- Maris Body Creme www.marisnaturals.com
- Eco totes www.buyreallycutestuff.com
- Cle a Porter www.funkeyfinder.com
- Nannies4hire.com nannies4hire.com
- Snack baggies www.sedilugreen.etsy.com
- Sterling silver charm www.gotbragtags.com
- Be Good To People www.begoodtopeople.com
- Note.ify: www.noteify.com
- Lavender sachets www.cstomdesigns4ubynan.etsy.com
- SchKIDules www.autismschedules.com
- The Shoppers Tote www.theshopperstote.com
- Zatswho www.zatswho.com
- Emily Press Labels www.emilypress.com
- Mineral Lip Gloss www.blsoaps.com
- Board book photo albums www.boardbookalbums.com
You can learn more at Autism Speaks.
Want to learn more about McNeill Designs for Brighter Minds’ award-winning games like You’ve been Sentenced!, Twisted Fish and more? Visit McNeill Designs for game rules, printable score sheets, or even order online!